Thursday, January 31, 2013

Week 7: The Opening of New Convenience Store

 Do you know what kind of place a convenience store is built in? It is the place which people often gather in and pass if I easily explain the place. However, there will be already the convenience store in the place where we can understand it at first sight. But the convenience stores continue still increasing. Why is it? In this topic, I explain the reason and the expense that it costs to build the convenience store.
 First, I mention the expense that it costs to build the convenience store. As building specifications, steel frame one-story house, roof shingle board, outer wall ALC37 or fire prevention siding t16 degree building body price 300000-350000 yen/tsubo. In addition, the space necessary to build the convenience store is approximately 45 tsubos. And the interior decoration cost of construction is 8500000-13000000 yen. As can be seen, it is considerably high for this expense. This becomes the serious problem recently in a major convenience store company. However, I find the solution to problem and carry out it each company. For example, major convenience stores including Family Mart developed the lightweight store which adopted a new method of construction. In addition, they unify standards and supply material in large quantities and I make a wall with a firm panel and reduce quantity of steel frame. And term of works shortens and the cost lets them decrease by 1-3 percent in this way. There are various measures and is troubled how the convenience store company handles this problem.
 Next, I want to mention the reason, but I couldn't find the reason. So I mention my thought what kind of place build the convenience store in. At first, I thought that there are convenience stores in main line roadsides, stations, bus stops and near the school or company. However, as mention at the top, there are already convenience stores in the places. And convenience stores crowd in the place with much such pedestrian traffic now. By the way, there is almost the convenience store within the range of a 10-minute walk. In addition, it is the small commercial domain for business condition that assumes inhabitants and a person of Japanese yen of duty a target visitor in a radius of approximately 800 meters around a store. I think that there will not be the solution when in such a situation unless each convenience store has each characteristic to increase sales in that. However, there is the person who studies it mathematically whether sales increase if they build the convenience store among the researcher of a convenience store. I do not think it to be effective. Because I do not think that sales of convenience stores increase by choosing a place with much more pedestrian traffic from a place with much pedestrian traffic. After all there is it how many going too far in saying have a characteristic arousing the interest of people in other convenience stores.
 I want to sorry for about this topic. I was not able to examine it in my inadequacy properly.In this topic, I mentioned almost my thought. However, there would be many points which I sympathize with. I am satisfied with only as for it. Next blog is 'the comparison of Japanese convenience store and others'. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment