Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 5: Convenience Store vs. Supermarket

 Which do you use more, convenience stores or supermarkets. In addition, when do you use convenience stores and supermarket. I think that when I wanted to eat light thing(snacks, drinks, chicken and so on) and I needed something in a hurry, I go to convenience stores. On the other hand, I think that when I want to buy the materials of the meal(fresh vegetables, meats, eggs, fish and so on) for a day or a week, I go to supermarkets. You should know that your parents go to supermarkets to buy the materials of the meal. On this topic I explain the difference between convenience store and supermarket.
 First, I note the definition of the supermarket.
"Supermarket is the retail business condition that was able to buy food or daily necessities used frequently by self-service in a short time."
In addition, I confirm the definition of the convenience store. There were three definitions, but I note main one.
" The convenience store is a store treating food and using self-service method. In addition, its area is 20㎡〜250㎡ and its business hours are more than 14 hours. "
When I compare these two definitions, I notice various things.
・The business minimum time of the convenience store is decided, but it of the supermarket is not.
・The things which is sold are high-frequency things or not things.
・The sales floor area of the convenience store is decided, but it of the supermarket is not.
In addition, there are things which are sold each. For example, supermarkets sell meat, fish, egg and vegetables, but convenience stores don't. On the other hand, convenience stores sell magazines, but supermarkets don't.
These are main differences between convenience store and supermarket. Did you know them? Would you accord with the difference that you thought about?
 Next, please remember the first question. "Which do you use more, convenience stores or supermarkets?" I use more convenience stores than supermarkets. I think that most modern youths will be the same as me.(but persons living as one) I think that this is because it does not cook by oneself. In addition, my mother probably use more supermarkets than convenience stores. I heard why you did not use convenience stores and she answered 'Because meat and fish are not sold, and  there are few products and price is high.' Actually there are a few convenience stores which sell vegetables. I thought that the supermarket was not necessary in future if not only vegetables but also meat and fish came to be sold in all convenience stores. But I noticed my thought having been wrong when I heard its reason. The convenience store cannot get the customer of the supermarket as far as the sales floor area is decided. So if the definition of the convenience store does not change, supermarkets do not disappear. On the other hand, because supermarkets satisfies demand of all people, convenience stores does not disappear. This is because business hours are longer the convenience store and there is much number of stores. In short, neither of the convenience store and the supermarket can disappear.
 Might I understand it? Next blog is 'Business Strategies'. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment